Saturday, January 29, 2011

The case of the mistaken identity

A lot of stuff happened yesterday, none of which I can remember.
Well, I suppose I remember being cold (really cold) and I do remember walking around a lot (really a lot) but a lot of conversation passed between me and Garrett and I'm really sad to say I can't think of one thing we said.

I know that at one point we determined our MO but I don't remember what it is. It had something to do with being really indecisive and riding the TTC all night. Some MO, eh?
I know that we went into 3 Tim Hortons, not including the other 6 that he went into earlier that day, looking for a soup to my liking. Of course, we didn't find one.
I know that we went to go see Tron in IMAX 3-D but tickets cost 20 bucks each and neither of us were willing to shell out that kind of gold to see a semi-shitty movie. What does Cineplex think anyway? Do they want me to sell my organs just so I can see movies?

(I bet that Cineplex employees are all patients waiting for organ transplants and in order for them to get a new heart valve they gotta charge 20 bucks a ticket. And some suckers fall for that. Not me.)

Anyway, last night was very productively non-productive (unproductively productive?). It was just nice cruisin' around downtown Toronto, looking for trouble, just two regular teenagers (not even) letting the wind blow them through life.

If anyone knows where this comes from, you'll understand what I'm getting at.

I'm baking brownies (again) because the last batch was burnt.
baking brownies because batch was burnt (in bold). I love alliterations. My brother and his girlfriend are coming over to steal some. How rude.

So, you know that old saying "time heals all wounds"? I think it must be true. At least, that's what I think this weekend is trying to tell me.

I feel satisfied, in my soul, because of the last two days. It's not something I'm feeling in my head or in my stomach or in my bones but in my actual soul. It's not tangible and I can't find words to describe it. It's just this nice feeling, somewhere inside, of total and utter completion. It's a good thing, in any rate.

Ok, so you know how if you say something way to many times it starts to lose meaning and literally just becomes a sound? Say "in any rate" a bunch of times and you start to realize that it's a pretty illogical sentence. Like, "it's a good thing, in gold", "it's a good thing, in Quatloos", "it's a good thing, in Imperial credit"?

Also, I know a lot of people have heard this rant before but it's just something I was thinking about earlier and it got me all worked up so I'm going to blog about it. It all begins with a certain Harvey Dent who, despite his brains, believes that the best way to solve the Batman problem is to pretend that he is The Batman. Does anyone here see a major issue with this? I'm going to show y'all a picture of Mr. Dent and The Batman and you tell me what's wrong.


                                                      Harvey Dent

                                          
The Batman


Yes, you've got it! HARVEY HAS A DENT ON HIS FACE. 
ON HIS CHIN, THERE IS A BUTT.
There once was a man from Gotham City
Whose plan, in my opinion, was quite shitty
He pretended to be Batman
But backfire did his big plan
And now he's got half of a face


I just tucked my mama into bed and we talked about literally interpreting the names of fruits and veggies.
Examples:
Mushroom literally means mushy room.
Pine apple is an apple that tastes like gin.
Egg plant is exactly that...an egg plant.
And the weirdest one of all:
Strawberries....well, that just isn't appetizing!
I wish I was Gary Larson cause I'd totally cartoon the shit of out this!

I'm having breakfast with my Pa and my Bubbie (grandmother) tomorrow so I have to go to bed RIGHT NOW. Wakey time is at 8! Can you believe that?!

Oh, and please check out http://damnyouautocorrect.com

Goodnight, sweet dreams!

-Beege


















4 comments:

  1. I don't see what is your beef against anyone who works at a cinema. I don't see anything unethical working for Cineplex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Employees doesn't set the price for tickets. Most of the box office money goes to Hollywood studios and small percentage to head office. In your case, it includes Imax Corp. The money doesn't go to minimum wage employees at Cineplex. Their wages comes from food sales at the concession stand.

    Some minimum wage employees may get promoted to managers and eventually to head office. Most of them using Cineplex as a stepping stone to pay off college and university. Eventually move on to a better job. So what is your ideal ethical part time job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was 100% kidding.
    obviously....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I worked in a movie theatre once. I loved those minimum wage employee price setting meetings. My favorite part was when the devil showed up one time, approved of our plans and then we had a bitching poker night.

    That's also how Christmas markups work too, except elves are really sex slaves to keep the reindeer happy about carting Santa's fat ass around for a night.

    ReplyDelete