Monday, January 10, 2011

Hands.

So, the craziest thing happened to me today!!!! I was in the library and I got a call on my phone. I picked it up, all like "hey, what's up?" only to realize who I was talking to: Matt Damon.







OK, so maybe that didn't happen.

But I did run my first cue-to-cue this afternoon and I did go swimming with Manu...so my day was almost as eventful.

One pretty sweet thing did happen, though: I came to terms with my height. At least, to terms with it in front of people. Basically, my acting prof got everyone in class to go up, one at a time, and talk about themselves. And this was not your typical "Hey, my name'sth Bertha!! My favourite colour iths peach and I really like sthea monkeysth. I have sthix at home!" No, this was like "Hey my name's Dan" "Hey Dan" "And I have a drinking problem"

Did I say acting prof? I meant rehab worker.

But seriously, height is a big deal for me. I'm an amazon-lady and I really do feel like I go around stompin' all over people. I know that I don't...and that everything else about me isn't much bigger than other people but I'm tall...like crazy tall. My entire family is super tall but that's not why being tall makes things hard for me. It's not, like, I've lived in their shadow my entire or anything (haha). I'm serious, it's not that.

I just don't know how to master the space that I'm in. There's nothing I can do to make myself shorter (except slouch, but slouching is ugly) so it's about time I take the world in my two, Amazonian hands and shout out to anyone who's listening "THIS IS MY TIME AND I'M HERE TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT!"

And I'm honestly going to make the most of this semester. I was bat shit scared of going to the class this morning, mostly because I'm intimidated by everyone (ahem.....mostly because I'm intimidated by him....) but if Ed Roy (my professor) can push me, in the right way, things might actually work out.

I've always been interested in acting but I've never been encouraged to do it and I think Ed Roy cares about people, as long as they care enough about themselves. I just don't like feeling awkward on stage anymore. And I'd like to know what to do with my hands...


Seriously, what the hell are you supposed to do with them?!!


Oh, that? Sweet, thanks!

 
Snow Weeks are this week. So, that's awesome. Rehearsals are going well but I always get some pretty serious giggle fits and I feel bad!! I'm the stage manager and I'm supposed to be the most professional in the room. Pftt! Yeah right! Anyway, wish us luck! We're not going to need it but we might...so...just in case.


The ladies are back. And it's well past their bed time.

Nighty-night, bloves!

Peace and Love,
-Berk

2 comments:

  1. I call bullshit. He couldn't have been talking to you if he was on the phone with me making plans for a poker night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call double bullshit. He couldn't have been talking to you if he was on the phone with me making better plans for a better poker night.

    ReplyDelete