Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Star Wars and Romantic-Comedy's must be related!

LUKE: (panting heavily) I can't. It's too big.
YODA: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hm?
Mmmm.
Luke shakes his head.
YODA: And well you should not. For my ally in the Force. And a
powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy
surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we...(Yoda pinches
Luke's shoulder
)...not this crude matter. (a sweeping gesture) You must
feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you...me...the
tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that
ship!
LUKE: (discouraged) You want the impossible.
Quietly Yoda turns toward the X-wing fighter. With his eyes
closed and his head bowed, he raises his arm and points at the
ship. Soon, the fighter rises above the water 

LUKE: I don't...I don't believe it.
YODA: That is why you fail.

Yup Luke, that is exactly why you fail. If Kermit the Frog's great-great-grandfather can lift an X-Wing out of a bog, there's no excuse why you can't too.


You know, there's something to be said for watching a lot of movies. Gets your mind really working...at least watching four movies last night and two tonight really got me thinking....
1. If you're a super hero the only way you can shave your face is with your own finger nails. I know from experience. Believe me.
2. Darth Vader is a lot like Summer from 500 Days of Summer: he does what he wants, when he wants.
3. Don't make out with your sibling because that always leads to awkward conversations. I don't know this from experience. But believe me anyway. Just think about it....
Luke: So, Leia
Leia: Yes, Luke? What's wrong..
Luke:...I got some pretty crazy news to tell you. Remember that time you kissed me?.....yeah, we're gonna need to talk about that.
4. If James Earl Jones was actually wearing the Darth Vader costume, and not Uncle Fester, I think Star Wars would be way more awesome.
4. When I was in Greece two summers ago I fell in love with Antinoos:
And I may have found my modern day version. 
So, my faith in the existence of some higher power has been renewed. Praise Zeus/Jupiter!

That's my insightful blog for the night.



Ow!



No comments:

Post a Comment