Saturday, January 22, 2011

Piggies

So you know how I spend a lot of time complaining about how little sleep I get? And you know how every second blog entry probably has at least one reference to how I should be sleeping, haven't been sleeping well or sleepiness (in general)? Well, today's going to be no different.
Except that today I got so much sleep! Which means that I can't think of one negative thing to say about my snoozing schedule (or lack thereof).  Haha, I just threw that in there for fun!

It's 11:11! Make a wish.....



Oh wait, dammit. It's not. According to my computer it's 11:11 but I can't take this thing too seriously as it also thought the date was, like, April 18th, 1952.
Not that that wishing period was very lucrative. I closed my eyes, in the traditional "it's 11:11! Make a wish" kind of way but my brain was totally empty. I couldn't think of a single thing that I wanted, that the almighty Whoever would be capable of granting. I fished around for something, anything and all I came up with was "I wish to meet a cute and nice boy".

I've been wishing that wish since I was 12. And for the first 7 years of that time I thought maybe I was invisible since just about any time I liked a guy I could almost guarantee he wouldn't even know I was a girl. Then I got all 18 and datable (I guess) and that worked...for 2 years. So I guess you could say between 18 and 20 when 11:11 came along I wished for non-meeting cute boy related things. But now...

And I can admit that's what I wished for because it wasn't actually 11:11. And because, as superstitious as I am, I figure in the matter of love everything's at the mercy of coincidence.

I'm not jaded or bitter or so broken hearted by past experience that I don't believe I'll meet a cute and nice boy. I'm just not expecting it to happen any time soon. I think my fair share of shitty ends of sticks is going to have to play itself out first before boys and cute and me in one sentence is even a possibility.

Right now, I'm really content to just grow up a little. I was just talking to Nadia about how when I look at my parents and I see them with their cars and their shopping bags and their to-do lists and their keys I think about how awesome it's going to be when I grow up and having those things will actually seem natural. Right now, when I go shopping and wrestle with my many keyed key chain at the front door of my very own house it seems a little bit like an act. Don't get me wrong! I like to act but it'll be really neat when that will all be.....part of my routine.

Christ, trying to picture me with any semblance of routine is like trying to picture a pig on a pogo stick...
Totally the most awesome thing I've seen all day. 
If only my life was this great.

And like Paul Rudd so wisely said: "I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles" 
Which, by the way, legitimately applies to everything that's "below my maturity level".

I downloaded Catch Me if You Can and I'm going to watch it soon. When I saw it back in Grade 10 civics and careers class (yeah, don't ask) it really was the first time I realized that A) Leonardo DiCaprio's acting isn't half bad and B) he's kind of cute. I think this movie is also the very first example of my impending maturity because I stopped calling him Leonardo DiCrapio after I saw it. 

So, despite what Chotchy says about Netflix overtaking my mind and soul I'm going to peace and love myself out of here now. And, for the record, I'm not even using Netflix to watch movies anymore because it's a big poo-poo head and has the crappiest (OH! I said a swear!!) film selection in the whole entire universe!

Cha-cha now y'all.

-Bextacy









No comments:

Post a Comment