Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wha...who...where...?!?


So my Zodiac sign has changed and I'm not going to lie...I feel a little bit like a fish out of water. This addition of Ophiuchus to the glorious realm of the Zodiac is really making me question my identity. Just because the Sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago doesn't make it any easier to hear that I'm going to be stuck as a ram for the rest of my life.
I'm a little disappointed in myself that I'm actually mildly shaken by this news. I don't follow my horoscope daily but when I do check it there is always something really comforting in the fact that I know exactly where to find "Taurus". Now I'm stuck in this in between place; on one hand desperately trying to stay in touch with the bull inside of me and on the other hand wishing I could accept my new personality traits.
I bet this news comes as a much greater shock to people who truly depend on their sign as a means to identify themselves.
What right do the astronomers have, anyway? They say a bunch of mumble-jumble, star studded crap and expect everyone to just follow along. Is that it? Because this is kind of the last straw for me. You all should know, by now, that I have serious beef with scientists/science and I'm starting to legitimately lose my patience for their shit.
You know, first they go around lulling us simpletons into a false sense of security when dealing with poisonous vs. harmless spiders. Then they go and just assume that the tiny dinosaur fossils they found came from tiny dinosaurs without thinking that when you assume you make an ass out of yourself. I don't know if you know this but very recently paleontologists realized that most of the dinosaurs they said were different species are actually just the baby versions of the kinds we already know. And now, I'm expected to adapt to this new sign, as if this isn't the most earth, mind, and universe shattering change the world has ever experienced. Jeepers creepers.
Who am I, now, without horns and a steaming nose?! Now I'm just a crazy looking, male sheep.
Although, a few friends of mine have been known to call me "the lamb".....coincidence or fate?
Now I have to go sleep so that I can wake up tomorrow and this will all have been a horrible, horrible nightmare.
Peace and Love,
-Birdie?

No comments:

Post a Comment