Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011 everyone! You know what this means? One more year until the end of the world. So, let's make the best of it. Let's actually stick to our guns and do what we always said we were going to do. You want to travel? Do it. You want to write a short story? Do it. You want to submit said short story to a publishing agency? Do it. Honestly, what is there to lose? In 12 months all this will be gone.
Or so the crazy people say.
But I think that it would be a good idea if, say, the government or our teachers (who think they inspire us to do great things) all told us the world was actually going to end. Like, if the President actually supported the crazies for once and made a nation-wide...no, world wide statement something along the lines of "2012 will be the end of our lives as we know it. Maybe there's something beyond but we won't know until it happens. So, I am officially declaring the year 2011 as a year to do whatever you want, however much you want, wherever you want and with whomever you want. Go nuts, guys." 
Personally, I would do a lot if I knew I only had so much time to live. I would actually travel and actually bother to write a short story. I don't think I'd submit it though; not much point if all that's left of the Earth is a few particles of dust floating throughout the galaxy.
Even if 2012 doesn't bring the complete annihilation of humanity I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea to just fuck around for a year. Everyone would loosen up a bit. Fulfill their wildest dreams and desires. Get silly, for once, without having to worry what anyone else thought.
It would be a year of total relaxation coupled with a deep and sudden realization of our own mortality. But then when 2012 does roll around and shit isn't blowing up and the world isn't imploding on itself we can all laugh and look back on the zillion pictures we took of our shenanigans and be thankful that we're all still kicking.
And THEN, when we have to get back to work or school (reality) we'll do it all the more willingly.
I think, anyway.
The point is: this year we should make resolutions and actually go through with them. And I'm not talking about one far fetched plan to do something you know, deep down you're incapable of doing but a few somethingS that will make you feel...fulfilled.
I want to travel. Now seems like the most appropriate time to do it. I'm not held back by any, uh, attachments and while I'm thousands of dollars in debt I don't owe the government anything. Not for another year. So I should take my OSAP (I mean, hard earned money) and fly places, see stuff, meet people. I want that, I've always wanted it. Now's the time to declare 2011 as a year of travel and self discovery.
That sounds good. My parents will buy it.
I hope that everyone had a fabulous end to their 2010. Mine was quiet and unassuming. I spent it with my best friend and that's all I could ever ask for.
Now it's time to head back to that place that teaches me stuff (kind of) and be all involved and shit.
Again, Happy New Year!

Peace and Love (always)
-Beegie

No comments:

Post a Comment