Monday, February 28, 2011

Really....come on.

So guess what I should totally be doing right now? No, no! I want you to guess....

Sleeping? OK, that's a good try but no. I should definitely not be sleeping.
Eating? I am eating (an egg salad sandwich courtesy of my mama).
Studying for the midterm worth 25% that I have tomorrow morning on Theories of Drama and Theatre? Gosh, how'd you know!? So specific and yet, you totally knew. Been spying on me or something?

OKAY! Let's play another game! It's called what should I totally not be doing right now? Three guesses.

Blogging? Man, you're a real winner! I'm guessing it was a total shot in the dark? You're just lucky...

Oh? You wanna guess something else?

Reading about James Franco on Wikipedia? Man, you're good...you're real good.

You must admit though, James Franco's life is, like, 100 bajillion times more interesting than what Diderot had to say about theatre in the 1700s. Let's not kid ourselves, OK? In the game of Who Is Way More Awesome I'm pretty sure James is the clear winner. How about we look at a few facts to back up my theory?

James Franco:

1. He has (maybe is working on getting) a PhD in English from Yale University. Yale. YALE, for god's sake!
2. He's pretty much stoned 99.9% of the time and yet he hosted the freakin' Oscars. The Oscars! He faced 3 billion people last night, ripped off of his face and he looked good doing it.
and
3. He looks like this:











ALL OF THE TIME.
Denis Diderot:

1. He was a French philosopher, art critic and writer in the Enlightenment. So in layman's terms he was a pretentious old man with really lame and totally complicated opinions on theatre.
2. He was probably not stoned 99.9% of the time but claimed that he was all "Enlightened and stuff".Yeah freakin' right.
and
3. He looked like this:











Oh god, all. of. the. time.
(And women had affairs with this guy....what has the 18th century come to?!)

So you see, James wins. 

I know I should be studying but who are you to tell me what to do? Are you my mom? Because if you are....HEY MOM, I'M TOTALLY STOKED FOR SOUTH PACIFIC TOMORROW! :) But if you aren't....please understand that I am one of two things (if not both):

1. A girl who has crushes on celebrities
and/or
2. In denial about school and midterms and really important stuff like that.

But I've kind of gotten it all out of my system and I really do think that a few hours of serious studying will make watching 3 straight hours of How I Met Your Mother all the more satisfying. 

And who wants to watch their favourite television show with that ugly, guilty conscious thing goin' on? Really...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment