Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Big Baboon Bums

You know what I never, ever want to deal with?

Looking like a celebrity. I just can't imagine walking around all day long looking like James McAvoy, for instance. Unless I was actually James McAvoy. Otherwise I would want to totally avoid having any similar facial features to really, really ridiculously good looking superstars.. It just wouldn't be fair, you know? For two reasons:

#1. You've got everything going for you (i.e. good looks) but you're not a celebrity or making the kind of money that the real James or Leonardo DiCaprio or Megan Fox are.

#2. People would be totally crushing on you all the time because you look like some celebrity who, in the game of Who Is Way More Awesome, is way more awesome.

Lately, I've been really focused on looks, haven't I? That thing a while back about Matt Damon (not like it's even, really a thing), the thing about James Franco yesterday and now this thing about James McAvoy. It's only because I keep seeing this guy in the library who looks exactly like him. It's kind of all sorts of great.

But the thing is, I think I've been single long enough now that I'm really only focusing on how a person looks as opposed to their potentially really lame personalities because well...it's fast. Take studious James McAvoy: he's probably nowhere near as nice as I'd like him to be but I'd still really like to talk to him (and definitely love to look at him).

As long as he never has half a goat's body and doesn't try to lull me (literally) into a false sense of security and then betray me to The White Witch, I'm pretty OK with a guy who just looks like a really good looking celebrity.


It sounds unbelievably shallow, I'll admit, but let's be serious: we all judge books by their covers. It's an unavoidable thing about being human. We like to pride ourselves on our ability to see inside a person and like them for who they are and not what they look like but we are all just animals.

And baboons really have no problem shaking their blue bums into the faces of potential mates so why should we? I mean in the end or at least at some point in your relationship with a person you have to be physically attracted to them. So if library-going James McAvoy has a really nice metaphorical bum but he's kind of an all around jerk otherwise I may have to just set aside my pride and let instinct and the will to survive the next few single months take over.

On another, but related, note: Sam doesn't have any celebrity crushes and I don't understand why. In a game of Would You Rather? it's impossible to give him any sweet celebrity situations. I have like 4 or 5 crushes. Am I honestly more of a dude than he is? We've both been single for a while now so what's up? Why doesn't he watch movies with hot celebrities in them just because they have hot celebrities in them? There's nothing wrong with that, I think. Maybe he just wants to be serious-er?

If I was going to get serious about finding a boyfriend I wouldn't be spending all my time crushing on cute movie stars and actually start looking. But only looking, like literally just looking at attractive people is a lot easier than the other kind of looking, like you know? Going out and dating people.

God, it would be great if I looked like a celebrity.

I'm joking.




Only sort of.

1 comment: