Wednesday, March 23, 2011

LaFou, I'm afraid of been thinking...a dangerous past time, I know!

A while ago, like around the beginning of February, I blogged about being on "the brink of caring about school".

Apparently I'm taking drugs that I don't know about?

Because I'm not on the brink of anything but suspense because I've just restarted watching Season One of Lost. So whatever the hell I was talking about back then, back in Rebecca's-Gone-Koo-Koo Land, please ignore. Because I'd be lying to you if I said school was a priority to me.

OK, sometimes I care. Sometimes I'm like "hey, this isn't so bad" but, maybe, 85% of the time I'm just like "Finish my degree in Theatre in the mid-70s or ACE as a major in Doing Nothing?" You guess which one I'm doing exceptionally well in.

I like theatre and I think I'd like to pursue my 11 year old dream of being a teacher. I don't know why I want to stay in school when I hate it so much but I'm hoping that I can help kids (like me) learn to love something about getting an education.

Just not cut out for this academia thing. I'll take plain ol' living over higher education any day. And don't tell me that it's hypocritical of me because I'm in a higher education situation because, if anything, being at university has made me feel less intelligent.

I've always been good at forming thoughts. Now when I try to read all these dense, boring, dry, mildly-mildly interesting theories on theatre I think there's something wrong with the machine upstairs. I'm not as bad as this

but university has got the rickety ol' wheels of my brain a' turnin' and maybe, just maybe, I'm just not meant to be here.

And now I have "Gaston" from Beauty and the Beast stuck in my head. If you know anything about anything about Disney movies you'd know why I have that song stuck in my head. Look up the lyrics.

I'm going to go now. Lost is waiting.


Puff.

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely not you.
    Your head would be playing a lion king song.

    ReplyDelete