Saturday, May 7, 2011

Zach Galifianakis is a Saint.

Everyone and their Grandma knows that Due Date is the best movie ever made.
And everyone and their Grandpa knows that Zach Galifianakis, in Due Date, is simply fantastic.
But does everyone and their Grandparents know that Zach is actually a Saint? 


"A Saint?!?" the audience cried out in disbelief, "We don't believe it! Show us some proof!!" 
"You want the proof? You can't handle the proof!!" I bellowed back in indignation, reaching into my bag and removing a glossy 8.5 x 11 inch picture. With force and a lot of conviction I threw the paper down onto the floor and watched as the crowd descended, awe-struck silence rippling back wards to the outer rim of people. 


"There," I said firmly, "is your proof." But no one replied, too mesmerized by what they were seeing. I stood back and watched like an invisible observer at an art gallery and St. Zach was the Mona Lisa; people in front moved out of the way for those who had made their way up from the back and all the while Zach lay on the floor, untouched. Eventually the murmuring began and it wasn't long before questioning faces turned up towards me.
"Where'd you find this?" one freckled faced man asked, as he leaned in for another look. I smiled confidently down at them all because I knew exactly what I was going to say; I'd been practising for so long.
"Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Québec." 
"What? What did he say?" the crowd was murmuring amongst themselves again.
"In the Basilica of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, just outside of Québec City." I said, louder this time so everyone could hear.
"In a church?" an elderly man with grey hair said in shock.
"Well, where else are you going to find painting of Saints, Harry?" replied a similarly old and grey haired lady, someone I presumed to be his wife. 
"It...it looks just like him..." the freckled man said, looking around at everyone.
"That's because it is!" 
"Golly gee, you might be on to something. Zach Galifianakis is a Saint. A real bona fide genuine spiritual man!" The crowd began to cheer, throwing a collection of twigs, grass and whatever else they could find up into the air. Pandemonium ensued as the original crowd drew in greater numbers and I stood quietly pleased, before the pulsating crowd. And I knew, at that very moment, that everything was about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment