Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Keep up the good work!

There's nothing really more entertaining than reading smart-ass remarks on Yahoo! Answers threads or Twitter. Especially if the topic at hand is already fairly outrageous. I've become pretty aware of this fact recently because May 2nd was the Canadian Federal Election and May 4th was my personal exploration into the wonderful world of "Is Lil Wayne Gay?": two HOT TOPICS, if you ask me.


PART ONE


So let's cover the election first: Twitter had a, well, tweet called Tweettheresults that allowed people with Twitter accounts to post Election results, as well as personal opinions and completely unrelated, yet hilarious, comments. My personal favourite was "in the case of 2yr old Lexus RangeRove Johnson, Lil Thug YOU ARE NOT The Father!!". This tweeted result wasn't informative or in the least bit relevant but it made me laugh and that's what matters. Fortunately for those following Tweettheresults, some tweets were actually educated "funnies" like these:  "I demand to see Harper's birth certificate." and " I went to bed in Canada and woke up in America in 2001." 


But what's great about people saying thinks like "Bruce Willis is dead at the end of The Sixth Sense" is that, amidst angry remarks like "if you want to have some gay sex or get an abortion, I'd do it in the next 10 minutes or so" Twitter followers needed something to laugh about.


And laugh I did.


PART TWO


So, what's this about Lil Wayne being gay, you ask? Well, a few years ago Lil Wayne was "caught" kissing another man and everyone got all hot and bothered and wondered, aloud, whether he really likes guys or girls. I, for one, could care less. I blame Facebook for exposing me to things that would otherwise never occur to me to care about! Well, anyway, my introduction to this happened tonight as I stumbled along those Sky Blue and Cotton Ball White pages of endlessly "entertaining" status updates, photo album creations and video posts. As I continued to scroll down the home page I came across one post that said "IS LIL WAYNE GAY?" and, guilty as charged, I checked it out. What else am I supposed to do at midnight? 


Go to bed?? Come on.


Anyway, I never actually figured out if he is or isn't because in the youtube interview it's impossible to understand what he's saying. Bad video quality paired with his "gold" teeth made it pretty hard to determine if he really said watching his son being born was "nasty" (what, Lil Wayne, you think babies get delivered to your doorstop by a real stork? Come on.) 


But the point of all this is that after watching about 4 minutes of a 10 minute long video I decided that I could just google "is Lil Wayne gay" and find out about 10x more quickly.


And I did just that. Hence the blog about funny thread comments. So, apparently and from the very few details I've gleaned from reading other thread comments, Lil Wayne kissed a guy named Birdman in public and then everyone went all viral with their online opinions. Some people thought it was cool that he'd come out, some people thought it was gross and others went into a deep analysis of his lyrics and tried to convince everyone that "giving head" to a woman makes him gay so it's no wonder that he kissed Birdman. But the best response of all: I kissed a bird in public.


Who are these people? These hilarious people who just say things for the sake of saying them are God's gift to humanity. Without them popping up on all the serious threads around the world people would start taking things far too seriously. So this blog is for them! 




THUMBS UP!







No comments:

Post a Comment