Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You're a really hungry mosquito bite

So you know how "they" say that eating smaller meals more often during the day is healthier than 2 or 3 big ones? You didn't? Well OK, now you do. But the point is: I do this. I eat 8 billion different small things throughout the course of a day rather than stuff my face at breakfast, lunch and dinner. So while this is "healthier" I find it also just encourages my stomach to be hungry all. the. time.


Look at it this way: imagine that you're a really itchy mosquito bite and you're on the arm of someone who just keeps on scratching: you're never going to stop being itchy until they learn to stop scratching.

Same logic for my stomach. If I keep feeding it (albeit small and healthy foods) it's never going to know what it's like to be not hungry. But now that I'm in this rut where I eat all day long I know my stomach is never going to stop grumbling in hungry-anger at me.

This is a problem.


That and the fact that I do very little with my time so I eat just to give myself something to do.
(As an aside: I used to like being lazy but now I appreciate how boring it is and I'd really do anything...yes, anything...to fill the void that is slowly becoming my summer.)

Anyway....I'm off to go find something to eat. There's probably some left over spaghetti or cucumber salad in the fridge....



Or, you know, that huge bag of candy my brother bought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment