Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lapierre

I'm revising my plan to make five consecutive "trailer review" blogs because there's something I really want to talk about.


Maxime Lapierre.


He's Vancouver's very own Tie Domi, but with class.

I'm not one for violence and I'm especially unimpressed by fighting in hockey so it comes as a big surprise that I pretty much idolize Lapierre. When he's on the ice my senses are heightened. When he scores I'm the only one who's cheering because it's him, not because it's a goal. But most shockingly, when he starts talking shit with the other team I cheer him on with pride! 

I'm this guy...


...but with class!

He seems to have found the perfect balance between complete goon and complete douchebag. He doesn't just fight with his fists but he doesn't just fight with his words. When he's on the ice, talking all that smack something about the look on his face says to me "I'm having fun!". Guys who just fight and push and make the game of hockey look far more violent than it is should be kicked out of all games.

But when you're on the ice with 9 other guys and the testosterone is oozing out of every corner you have to know how to chirp without causing a fight. THAT part of hockey is acceptable because we've all been there. We've all picked on someone during a game of street hockey but never to the extent that they threw off their gloves and started throwing punches.

By the way, Vancouver WHOOOOOOOPED ass tonight. Again.


NEXT blog will be a review. Sorry. Had to get it out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment