Thursday, May 26, 2011

2 reviews out of 5!


Anything with Charlie Day in it has to be gold so that's the position I'm taking on the movie Horrible Bosses.

The premise is quite simple in that the three main characters want to kill their really horrible bosses. Jennifer Aniston plays a dentist who sexually harasses Charlie Day, Kevin Spacey plays a douchebag who's a douchebag to Jason Bateman and, my favourite, Colin Farrell plays a gross-looking, maybe a little bit paranoid racist/sizist/sexist/whateverelseist you can think of to Jason Sudeikis.

So, after these three guys realize their lives suck because of their bosses they go on a hunt for a "for-hire" murderer...Jamie Foxx.

I'm not really going to say anything else because, to be honest, the trailer isn't all that intense. It's not really about the plot, anyway, because the characters are the driving force. I think it should work if it's got the vibe that The Hangover has with a twist of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I know this review wasn't nearly as dynamic as the last but I'd like to think that if a trailer that has nothing in it can make me think "sure, I'll go see that!" then I don't need to go on and on about how great it is.

I do think that Colin Farrell is becoming a sort of trend with me. I don't look for his movies on purpose, you know? I just happen upon them! He does look funny in this movie though. Not stupid like in all of his other films (except In Bruges, which was fantastic!)

Anyway, sorry this wasn't as good of a review as I'd hoped. Maybe I'm just better at writing reviews for movies I don't like.

Until next time?

4 horrible bosses out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment