Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm not insane because my rats are human!

I used to think that people who treated their pets like humans were a bit nuts. You know those people who buy their dogs special organic treats and carry around a bag full of wipes, poop-bags and a toys? The same kind of people who act as though their dog is their baby? Well, I thought they were nuts.

That is until I got rats.

It sounds crazy, right? That I'd be calling dog lovers "nuts" when I myself have pet rats on a homemade diet?

And now that I'm batting for the other team I'm going to defend us "nutters" who treat their pets with special diets and toys! See, the thing is, I realized that the packaged food from the pet store wasn't supplying my rats with the proper nutrition so I searched the internet, high and low, for a homemade diet. I found one on THIS website, emailed the creator, biked around East Toronto getting all the ingredients and finally came home to, basically, spoon feed my rats three times a day.

Like they are babies. Human babies. BUT, it's OK because, you know what? A) This has given me something to do and B) The Ladies are more human than you'd think.

Moral of the Story?


People should be encouraged to seek out the best diet for their pets, the best toys, the best bedding and the best whatever-else-you-can-think-of because Animals are Beautiful People.


A Green-Bird Original




Advisory Warning: If you ever catch me dressing up my rats please, for the love of god, slap me!

No comments:

Post a Comment