Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What's the matter? You don't like your coffee....black?!

My biological clock is really off. I woke up at 10 this morning and that's the earliest I've been awake since Saturday. Lately I've been staying up until 6 am and sleeping in until 4. I haven't gone to classes in a while because I'm too busy dreaming. But that's OK. There's only one day left and then I can sleep all I want.
Having an inner clock that keeps trying to tell my body it's the middle of the night is tough. I won't lie. I feel jet lagged. Like I'm walking through jello or against rushing currents of hot water. All I want to do is sleep (but I guess that's really all I ever want to do). But, all things have a positive twist and I'm beginning to see that. Staying up until 6 with Kate every day for the last 3 days has been the best decision I've made in a while.
You see, we wrote the Story of Samuel Harding on Sunday night. It's about the journey a young man/boy/nerd/thing must take on his quest to defeat the ultimate foe. It is ripe with intrigue and mystery; comedy and tragedy. It is a story of morals and about acceptance. And, honestly, those sleepless nights and days spent snoozing sound boring, unproductive, depressing almost but nothing can compare to the smiling faces and hearty laughter of my room mates. So screw you hot rushing currents of jello! I'm a playwright for real this time!
However, The Story of Samuel Harding is not something I want to share with the bloggernet. It's actually really unfortunate because it's all I ever want to talk about. I can reference a few things but out of context they wouldn't make any sense. And they would also make us seem like horrible, horrible people.
Thinking about it now, with classical music playing in the background of my mind, in the cold, quiet basement of the library I'm having a hard time not laughing. Maybe one day we'll stage it. Or make a stop motion, puppet show movie of it. It would probably fail on Broadway though...not too sure if the world is quite ready to hear the true story of Samuel Harding. It's a bit much, even for the playwright.
On another note, I'm beginning to truly understand what it means to have a set of good room-mate/friends. None of that 'we live together so we have to be friends' nonsense. No, this is the real thing. This is it, baby. Chotchy, Sam, Ombrey: where have you been all my life? It's serendipity, as Chotch says. I think it has to be. Or fate. Or we've all got good karma. Karma's a Can of Tuna anyway, right?
Last night Bonergeist didn't make a peep. Despite talking about him so much lately I think he's starting to think we LIKE him...so instead of messing with our heads he's lying low. But maybe he's planning the ultimate head-messer-upper! We'll have to wait and see....
The S.S.S struck last night, though! They call themselves the Secret Snowman Society. They left little snacks for everyone in the house, wrapped up all cute and Christmassy. It's unbelievable the number of underground operations in my house. I wonder what Kate's got going on in the Jungle.....
I'm auditioning for the mainstage on Friday. I have my monologue picked out, memorized relatively well but I'm still pretty nervous. Wish me luck?
One last night: I have some pretty unbelievable plans in the making. A lot depends on February though and what that cold, miserable, blistery month has to offer. If all goes well I can look forward to an amazing experience. I won't say more...I'm kind of superstitious.
ALTHOUGH....I broke a gigantic mirror a few days ago and the next day I defied superstition and something very luck happened to me. But that could just be a one time thing....you still couldn't pay me 100 bucks to look into a bathroom mirror at midnight. Medusa works in mysterious ways. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then perhaps my childhood was just a little bit more different than yours!
Peace and Love
-Berky

No comments:

Post a Comment