Sunday, December 19, 2010

Adiós Ombrey!

So, semester one is done. That means no more all night talks with Sam or all day sleeps with Kate. No more mid-afternoon video game sessions, certainly no more Star Trek marathons and no more funny faces from Chotchy. At least not until next year (2011!)
Oh, and no more cute, Chipmunk giggles from Ombrey. Especially no more anything from Ombrey.
We had the good-bye party for her on Friday. Kate and I went all out with the "purprises". You should have seen Chotchy's face when he freaked out about what the "purprises" were. We made phillo pastry finger foods, Sushi, had huge veggie and fruit platters and Ombrey and I baked Owen a birthday cake. It was a birthday/good-bye cake, actually, for Owen AND Aldo. I made a little speech but mostly I found it hard to think of anything to say because I was crying too much. I think all I said was "Ombrey, you were the best room mate and I'm going to miss you so much! I love you". Speeches are really hard and when Bohemian Rhapsody is on in the background, at the part where it goes
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

things get messy.
Shit, I'm going to miss her so much.
These people make life complete.
I'm back home now. Toronto. I like being back home but it definitely feels different. I have two and a bit weeks to enjoy this and then school starts again. Well, actually...I'm going back early to stage manage for Sarah Dee (the Snow Week one acts) I'm really looking forward to it. I wonder if I'm going to enjoy stage managing or if I'm going to be a nervous wreck!
Going to see The King's Speech in a bit, with my mama and her friend Jane. I heard it's good and I like going to the movies. 
Saw Ayla and the fam-jam this morning for brunch. She's a real doll; most active little girl in the whole world. The cutest too. I can't wait until I get to babysit her again! 
I'm going to go have a snack of some sort.
Peace and Love
-Berky
ps: I hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday!


1 comment:

  1. never really got the chance to say.. your purprises were AWESOME! you guys really went all out - which you didn't have to do, but it was super appreciated.
    will miss you all. may even start my own little bloggy to keep you guys in the know.
    talk soon.
    love ombrey.

    ReplyDelete