Thursday, December 16, 2010

End of a semester

Sam's blog looks prettier than mine  (sometimes).
Images make a big difference. I'm going to start adding some to my posts too.
A bunch of stuff has happened in the last few days.
Kate woke up with a hole in her arm and we spent about a hundred hours in emergency, waiting for her to get stitches. The whole experience was uneventful but fun (like it usually is...and I'm not being sarcastic) but the ride home, at 10 am, was awesome. We got picked up in the Guelph equivalent of Wheel Trans.
Do we honestly look like we need one of these?
(Maybe Sam, but not us)

 The Ladies are pretty rambunctious right now.  At least one of them is tearing around the cage, tossing newspaper pieces all over the place. I wonder what possesses them to do the things they do...?

Ombrey got her wisdom teeth out yesterday so she looks like the adorable result of Human-Chipmunk breeding. Chotch and I had a good laugh (at her expense). It's out of love though. She's just so puffed up!
It's beginning to feel a lot like holy shit, semester 1 of year 3 is over!! I can't believe, no...scratch that! I can't remember how this semester went by so fast! Like, seriously? Where did it all go!? 
Somehow, by some wonderful twist of fate I'm actually getting really good marks in Candram. I wonder if I'm actually getting good marks because my work is good or if I'm just right in the middle of Pat's basket!? You may interpret this last statement however you please (Sam) but it is and always will be completely innocent (and "that's what her said" free).
I got 87% on this essay I wrote relatively last minute, mostly in one sitting and with very little thought at all. I swear, what's the point of university if I keep doing shit all but getting good marks? There's no motivation in that! The only thing that's awesome about not doing anything but getting good results is that I can continue doing nothing and getting good results without feeling guilty.
That's right, Ma and Pa, I'm staying in school but only because it's a hell of a lot easier than I expected and I'm doing a hell of a lot less than either of you would like to believe! 
February really couldn't get here any slower though. I hope, more than anything right now, that things work out.
I went to Squirrellies last night....it was alright. Just because I'm not smiling, though, doesn't mean I'm not having fun. I may be having the same amount of fun as you (who are bouncing off the walls and screaming at the top of your lungs) but I'm just showing it differently. So relax. 
On another note, Bohemian Rhapsody and, well, karaoke in general just doesn't feel right without my immediate and extended family (room mates and their various attachments). I wanted to sing last night but I didn't really have anyone to sing to. No Kate to point at if I'm bellowing out "bet you on land, they'd understand that they don't reprimand their daughters, bright young women, sick of swimming READY TO STAND!" and no Chotchy to watch scream "I want it that way!" 
I think I'm going to start suffering from a serious case of separation anxiety. Ombrey leaves in 3 days. THREE! Count 'em! ONE...TWO...THREE! 
Our good-bye party for her is going to be awesome though. A really good send off for a really good friend. I'm going to miss the hell out of her....
But, we get a really sweet NEW roomie in her place. Meg. I've never met her but she's gotten good reviews because she's friends with a whole bunch of my friends (like Ombrey...they lived together) 
I should've gone to bed hours ago. But I spent forever making something special on paint and now it's way later than I would've liked. Kate and I have to do some serious party shopping tomorrow.
So long. Tschuss!
Peace and Love
-Berk

No comments:

Post a Comment