Friday, April 15, 2011

TOP 4

You learn somethin' new every day. For me it was a couple things.

#1. My dad has a lot of crazier stories, in his collection, than I initially believed. Sure, I've heard the blueberry pie story and the story about his foot getting run over by a car about a million times but this...this was different. This was the kind of stuff I had never expected to hear and now that I'm the wiser, I can really say I know who's the good guy and who's not. I didn't want to get home, today, as fast as we did: I just wanted to keep driving around the city swapping stories with my dad. He's been through a lot and while I've always given him credit as an amazing dad, hearing all this just gives me reasons for why he cares so much. Not that you need a reason, as a father, but sometimes there's more to it than just "blood". Anyway, kudos (if that's even enough recognition) to the guy who stuck to his guns, even through some really tough times in his life!

#2. My emotions are fairly erratic: sometimes that's OK but sometimes I catch myself being unnecessarily short with people. To anyone who's ever been subjected to me when I'm in a "bad" mood: I'm really sorry! It's absolutely nothing personal and how I'm feeling will probably pass if I'm just given space. But a tip to those who want to avoid that side of me: don't ever hover. Hovering puts me on edge, like nothing else. Well, the sound of people eating is like my version of nails on a chalk board. But in all honesty, it's hovering that drives me nuts. And again, I'm sorry....I really like you. It's not you, it's me, actually!!

#3. Lost is my numba one go-to show if I need to cry. In almost every episode something terrible or amazing happens, literally without fail. And I just get all gooey and tearful. No other show has that effect on me!

AND

#4. This man is the bane of my existence:

Look at him with his "attitude lean" and that little all-knowing smile playing at his "ughy" lips. I apologize for not coming up with anything better than "ughy" but he makes me feel.....gross. And why's his hair so curly? And why's his shirt unbuttoned? It's not like he's got a nice body...it's just covered in more curly hair and that's gross. And, also, why does he think he knows everything?  He's probably the ONLY guy on the island whose batting average is pathetically low. And when I say "batting average" I mean he's never right about anything. OK, maybe he's right once or twice.....but mostly he's not. He's not like Jack, who's a total control freak or John, who just seems to do things...he's, like, this guy...this spare guy who's just around when I don't want him to be.....it's such a shame he lasted throughout the ENTIRE season. He could've pulled a Michael (a character I actually cared about) and bought his way off the island and never bothered me again! But no....there he was, goin' strong til the very end.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment