Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To Anne!

I volunteer at the Bata Shoe Museum  which is a pretty spectacular place if you like shoes, different cultures or religions and spending a lot of money.

I thoroughly enjoy the work because I'm getting retail, costumer service and cash experience while sitting around chatting it up with a fabulously liberal older woman by the name of Anne. She told me a story about how she takes Zumba dance classes and, while talking to her grand-daughter over Skype, said that it's fun but she "sure can't shake her tits and ass!"

But not every co-volunteer is fun to be around. Like every other one I've been with. I don't even remember their names because they left no lasting impression except of course that they pissed me off.

So far I've volunteered with:

1. A girl who said incredibly awkward, morbid things and actually did not let me get a word in edge-wise

2. A girl from Paris who, while she was nice, was quiet and didn't take a very active role.

3. Anne. :)

4. This old lady who said "sort of" and "mind you" like 10000000 times a minute. "If you sort of combine your receipts you can do this but mind you it won't be easy!"

5. This French lady named Gigi who shouldn't be allowed near the computer. In fact, most old people shouldn't ever be allowed near computers because they type, one finger at a time without looking at the screen....multiple times Gigi entered all the wrong information, pressed enter, F9, all the commands to get to the next screen but didn't realize that a message had popped up saying "UNABLE TO COMPLETE TRANSACTION" Fuck.

But I really like Anne and we're able to talk freely and about all sorts of things so I'm really lucky to know her!

No comments:

Post a Comment