Saturday, July 16, 2011

FLIGHT, DAY 1

There was a sign on the wing of the airplane that said "Do not walk outside this area" which I must have read, in no less than 5 minutes, no less than 7 times each time with the same deep concern for what it said. Now that's called boredom. But I suppose it was a good distraction from the take off itself (which I always find hard to handle) and the pangs of hunger in my stomach from the lack of food I've had all morning. I had to go through secondary screening at US customs (IN Pearson) and lost my breakfast...not because I was sick but because I wasn't allowed to take one measly little kiwi into the airport waiting area. Somehow I don't see why I had to throw out a perfectly delicious kiwi at customs but the people behind me (ON the plane) can peacefully chow down on their yummy smelling roast beef sandwich with NO PROBLEM. Couldn't they use their food for the same purpose I could have used my kiwi? That is if my purpose was to cultivate the seeds and by doing so somehow destroy American agriculture.

Originally I thought if I'm going to be going through US customs again in LAX couldn't I just eat my kiwi in Canada, in Canadian air, at the Canadian airport as long as by the time I've landed on US soil all "contaminants" are thrown out UNTIL I didn't go though US customs in LAX and simply walked out of the airport, luggage in hand.

But ultimately it comes down to (or came down to, considering I'm in Huntington Beach at this point) whether or not I vomit all over the inside of this airplane...and if they want any longer with the snacks that might just happen.

By the way, are you as confused as I am about this space time continuum as I am? I'm writing ON the airplane but for the purposes of when I've landed and arrived in HB. So right now I'm in the present but I'm going to post it in the future and you're going to be reading my past. Whoa, it's like a Christmas Carol ALL up in this blog.

MAN, I wish I was privy to the whole Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is so good! thing. But I won't be until TUESDAY night when I go see it. I'm going to have to see it by myself because my dad's going to be playing tennis and that leaves me with no one to make fun A Very Potter Musical references to. I'm ridiculously jealous of Zain for having had midnight tickets (boost!) to see it and is right now, at 8:17 am (again: weird because I have no idea how to handle this past, present, future thing) probably dreaming about being a wizard and shedding a few tears over all the people who died. Instead, I get to watch the Lincoln Lawyer on a tiny screen with low quaity sound hoping that SOONER or LATER food will be in my stomach.

We're flying over land right now (as we have been since the beginning) and I'd give anything to no where we are! To me and from what I can see we could be flying over the same farm land OVER and OVER again because just about everything looks the same. Anyway, off to watch this movie because the longer I don't pay attention the less likely I am to care, to any extent, what it's about.

...a bit later...

As we flew over Colorado I thought to myself "heck, we must be flying over Colorado!". Intuition is my friend today. God, this planet is overwhelming.

JULY 16th

Arrived alived in LAX (July 15th), got picked up by my dad in a shuttle that took us to Disneyland where we got picked up by his friend. Then we drove home, changed for the beach and went down to the OCEAN (how awesome is that?). We had dinner, froze to death (nearly) because it go so darn cold and by the time we got back around 8:30 pm I could barely keep my eyes open. I slept anywhere from 1-1.5 hours the night before my flight and 8:30 pm CALI time is 11:30 pm ON time.

Woke up THIS morning (feelin' like P. Diddy. Ugh, I do that every time.), had some breakfast, fed some turtes (yeah, no big deal) and went to the beach again! Had lunch at IHOP....I guess it's good food but really no different than most breakfast places. Went boogie boarding, swam a bit if that's even what you can call it and now I'm back at the house relaxing.

I'm not going to wash my hair for the week just to see what happens. It might get so matted and gross that I'll have to OR I'll just keep it....natural dreads for the WIN!

Love and Peace! Talk soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment