Monday, July 18, 2011

Jellyman, offspring...offspring, Jellyman.

Today I touched a jellyfish. Yeah, no big deal. Actually: big deal! Jellyfish are a lot more solid than one would think so when I put my (two) fingers down ever-so gently onto the "bell" I was shocked that there was some serious resistance. I'm not sure if the jellies had their stingers removed or if they're a variety of jelly without stingers but let's just say I wasn't exactly looking forward to having my fingers burned off. But lucky for me and the 800 different people who go through the Long Beach Aquarium that the jellies were harmless.

AND THERE I AM!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Long Beach Aquarium but I thoroughly detested the bus ride there...as I detest most bus rides. It's just that when you have to pay twice, take three buses and get there an hour and a half later you tend to get yourself into a bad mood. Just saying. But the Aquarium was interesting and there was no pay an extra $5 to touch the stingrays (ahem, Toronto Zoo).

I'm absolutely loving the weather here but every night is a perfect example of that phenomenon caused by cloudless days. What I mean by that is it's FREEZING. When a day goes by without a single cloud in the sky the heat inevitably escapes at night and in the morning I swear there's frost on the pumpkins!

I SAW A HUMMINGBIRD TODAY, in my cousin's garden and I thought of my mom....I tried to get a photo but the chances aren't likely with something as flighty as a hummingbird. Maybe tomorrow?

I'll write again tomorrow, if some interesting things happen (which I'm sure they will). Perhaps going to dog beach with the cousins but the beach/ocean in general 100%. Going to bed soon, after this baseball game. Let's hope it's not another 16 inning 1 run game.

Much love!



(By the way, Mama, if you sign in with your gmail account/password you might be able to comment on this...try it? Googleaccount?)






1 comment:

  1. wishing it was freezing at night here. enjoy it while you can! good to hear you are getting to touch gooshy-but-not-as-gooshy-as-you-would-think things! miss ya

    ReplyDelete