Friday, July 22, 2011

oooooo ahhhhh oooo aahhhh

I go through a lot of things on flights, apparently. Here are just a few of those that I managed to jot down.

If facebook didn't say how "long ago" someone posted something we'd all spend a lot less time waiting around, perhaps creeping someone else, before a socially acceptable amount of time has passed and we can like it. 

I've figured out what it is about certain people with certain behaviours that really bug me. I couldn't possibly name names and it's really no one that anyone who's reading this knows but this is it anyway: this person is the kind of person who makes everything out to sound like a proclamation or announcement. Like everything they have to say is more or less the most important/significant thing you've ever heard. The look on their face clearly indicates that they think that their words mean a lot more than they do...which is why they say things that are fairly irrelevant without realizing they just sounds plain awkward. In short phrases and with the pout of their lip they makes a statement; they are master, if only for that brief moment.
There must be something about flying that makes me get so emotional. I honestly couldn't pin point the cause because it has to go deeper than something tangible; it has to go beyond the obvious. I don't get weepy because I'm cramped or hungry or tired; I get weepy because of Justin Bieber and the Colorado river (just to use those as examples). I guess flying is just this one thing that really gets to me. It's almost unavoidable but I'm not in the least bit ashamed. Each and every time I'm up there, 30,000 feet above sea level it feels like an entirely new experience, no matter how many times I've flown. It's not like I'm fascinated by the take off or landing anymore; in fact I could do without. But that "being up there" thing transcends any experience I've ever had. I'm in love.

I rode the TTC back from the airport today, in a part-Zombie state of mind and when I got off at my stop you should be up the platform a bit but my own brother, his girlfriend and mom! It was such a coincidence, as they were out for my mom's birthday day and the chances of us riding the SAME subway was SO LOW. It was awesome!


Well, I'm back in Toronto now and it's hot. Missing California and my dad but hoping to go back AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Missed everyone a lot and can't wait to catch up on some serious party time!


No comments:

Post a Comment