Saturday, October 8, 2011

Man against Machine Episode 1: DW gets wet!

I'm lazy by nature which means that if there's a dirty glass, and I'm setting the table for Thanksgiving dinner, the chances are I'll put the glass out anyway, my logic being that at least I won't have to deal with it during the meal.

Except that 8 out of 10 times I'll be the one who sits down at the dirty glass seat and has to crawl over everyone to clean it up. So why not fix the problem at the source? 

Well, it would take more than just telling me "Wash that glass!". In fact, it would probably take extensive psychotherapy just to come up with a legitimate cause for my laziness and then, similarly, extensive social therapy to cure my problem, on a day-to-day basis. The kind of effort commonly seen in people with "spunk".

That glass, in my opinion, is happier dirty and therefore I am happier leaving it dirty until such time as it makes my beverage look like bottled mud puddle. 

Wait a minute....maybe the bigger question here is why are the dishes in my house so dirty to begin with?

God damn dishwasher and its manufactured laziness! What's worse, really? Being inherently lazy or being programmed to perform a very specific function and still do it wrong?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

So next time I load a bunch of dishes into your belly, DW, do the task properly. So that later on I don't look like a jackass, elbowing my grandmother in the ear as I fight my way through human limbs (some turkey too, I guess), gravy boats and vegetable dishes!

And you know what? Now that I've started a rivalry with the dishwasher the theme of this weeks blog posts will be "Man against Machine".


No comments:

Post a Comment